Benefits of Ecommerce
Electronic Commerce or E Commerce is the buying and selling of goods on the internet. First of all, in order to have an online presence, the website needs to be hosted by a hosting company or a platform provider. They will sell out a web space and we upload files that will make up the page that the world can see. Industry standard security and services like Firewall and SSL certificates are also provided by the companies to protect the website that is hosted. So, with a certain amount of disk space that is allocated, the website is hosted and the data can be stored, when people enter information on the website. This is how Ecommerce is formed and the business starts from the point where a buyer or a seller sees the website and the products and decides to buy and sell.
Benefits of E Commerce to the users and the organization:
1. Expanded Global Reach with its non restrictions to access. Since the internet is a source of direct retail shopping for any part of the world, Ecommerce benefits the users who want to purchase anything that is out of reach for them. There is sufficient information on the website about the products and about the channels of communication to research and buy.
2. The extended customer base is another feature that adds to a website. The space allotted to each company is about 250 megabytes of web space and even more depending on the future requirements and this is used to store large customer base information like contact number and email address for following up with the Customers.
3. Ecommerce helps in cost reduction by helping organizations decrease costs in creating, processing, distributing, storing and retrieving information. The communication and advertising costs could be lower by sending emails and having pop ups generated.
4. The availability for a website is 24/7 unlike a retail store. These trading hours allows business to be open on the internet without overtime and extra cost in showcasing their products.
5. Company profile can be highlighted with all latest techniques so that these help to show up-to-date company material, current inventories, improved customers service, better customerÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s communication, increased operating and trading flexibilities.
6. E commerce helps the society in several ways. Many service and products are now available which were unavailable in the past for the people in the third world countries. There is less pollution since most of the shopping is done online and less travel is required. It also benefits Public services such as health care, education, and public social services by giving more data on professional information and new technologies.