10 Benefits of Ayurvedic Treatment You Need to Know About
Ayurveda is a form of holistic treatment that involves treatment of diseases through the techniques of yoga, massage and herbal medicines. â€œAyurveda’Â is a Sanskrit word which means â€œThe Knowledge of Life’Â and it finds its origin in ancient India. The practice of Ayurveda has been cited in the antique Hindu texts of the Vedas and Upanishads. However, the science has been primarily derived from two books, the ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‹Å“Caraka Samhita’ and the ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‹Å“Sushruta Samhita’ which are enormous sources of this system of medicine. Tracing back its origins, Ayurveda is revealed to be the oldest form of medical practice. It is also a reflection into the traditional and philosophical life of the Indian subcontinent.
Ayurvedic treatment aims not only in curing of diseases but also on prevention of ailments on a whole. It uses natural ingredients like plants, herbs and flowers as constituents of its medicines. The harmony between mind, body and soul is what Ayurveda attempts at achieving.
The various benefits of Aruyvedic treatment are:
- Ayurveda employs herbs, plants, and food elements from everyday life which are inexpensive and available easily. This makes it a comparatively cheap source of treatment.
- Many chronic diseases are effectively healed by Ayurveda.
- The effects of Ayurvedic treatment have been found to last longer than most other methods of treatment. It accomplishes lasting effects by focusing on eliminating the root cause of the disease.
- Ayurveda prescribes guidelines on prevention of diseases through simple changes in lifestyle and diet. Hence it focuses on overall well being, good health and vitality through adherence to certain easy-to-follow procedures which aims at detoxifying the body.
- Ayurvedic treatments have helped in the reduction of physical and psychological stress. It involves evaluating the three main â€œdoshas’Â of the human body ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â‚¬Å“ ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‹Å“Vatta’, ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‹Å“Pitta’ and ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‹Å“Kapha’ in determining what kind of stress a person is suffering from and what exact type of treatment would help in healing it the best. It also helps in alleviating pain and fatigue.
- Ayurveda also helps in the treatment of certain ailments of the digestive system like gastroenteritis, bloating, post-meal lethargy and irregular bowel movements. Along with this it also brings equilibrium to the nervous system and the blood circulatory system.
- Ayurvedic treatment is dispensed entirely through naturally available elements. Hence it is free from the harsh side effects of hazardous chemicals. In fact, it is reputed to have minimal or no side effect at all.
- It also gives relief from menopause related distresses and from the painful symptoms of the menstrual cycle.
- Ayurveda is also said to help in reducing body weight.
- Its regular treatment has shown to improve skin-health and provide glowing and lustrous skin.
The popularity of Ayurvedic science and its success in a number of treatments is encouraging more and more researches into the field. Ayurveda has helped millions of people throughout the world in maintaining health and strength. Though primitive, this science is finding increased recognition in present times as an effective and non invasive system of treatment which is within the financial reach of many.